12.06.2009

Holiday Musings.

It's been quite awhile since I've blogged. Things are going quite great.

Work is swell. We had an Arts Festival that was a huge success! It was a rewarding experience for everyone involved and brought a strong sense of camaraderie to our school. Now only 10 days left of school until Winter Break! I can't believe this school year has whizzed by so fast. The languid, idyllic days of August seem like only moments ago sometimes. After Winter Break my musical theater class will be putting on a concert in March and then we are doing Seussical Jr. after that! (Whew!)

Kyle and I are anticipating his graduation next weekend and hoping to celebrate with a getaway weekend of sorts. We saw a terrific band at Kryptonite the other night - Strange Arrangement - some of the best live music I have ever seen in my life! They are playing next weekend in Chicago so we are trying to make that work.

Kyle and I are feeling mellow about the holidays. All we seem to see during the holidays is the stress, and we're just not going to be participating in that this year. We see no point in going to the mall or any other shopping destination. We are taking it upon ourselves (as a creative endeavor) to use only our resources and a necessary portion of our already humble cash flow. When we started to talk about it a few nights ago, we got excited. Forcing ourselves to think outside the box produced thoughtful and appropriate gift ideas that will be stimulating and enjoyable to put together. It should be a fun and rewarding holiday this year!

Man I've got choreography on the brain. I want to watch it, talk about it, make it up, listen to music, everything. I think about when I was little and would entertain myself by playing dress up, putting on music, and dancing. I would imagine the performance: lights, formations, costumes. And now I am working so closely with our new dance teacher, Cyndi, who is an inspiration to work with on a daily basis, as well as all of these new choreography opportunities getting started in Durand. Right now, all I want is time to connect with music and really great headphones. Old music, music I've never head of, music I am just getting in to. But I've got 10 days of school to truck through first before I can let the creative juices flow. I'm starting to feel really antsy for Winter Break. I guess I should be thankful that I am feeling that now, instead of in October...

Signing off for now.

0 comments:

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008